Mun-Roe was Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Reefers At A Blast Furnace (Circa 1925)

Jim Ogden

It’s MUN-roe only inside the city limits but if you go to Bastrop or Rayville (BAA strup, RAY-vul) we pronounce it Mun-ROE. For the record, I am from Mer Rouge (mur-ROUGE thirty miles north. My rule is to come across like a native, pronounce it wrong.

Monroe is on the old MoPac and IC. Shorelines were the A&LM plus logging and industrial switching at paper mills or logging operations.

Jim Ogden

Nelson Moyer

Au Contraire! In Crossett, AR it’s MUN’row. How do I know? My wife is from Crossettt.

Nelson Moyer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 7:20 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Mun-Roe was Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Reefers At A Blast Furnace (Circa 1925)

It’s MUN-roe only inside the city limits but if you go to Bastrop or Rayville (BAA strup, RAY-vul) we pronounce it Mun-ROE.  For the record, I am from Mer Rouge (mur-ROUGE thirty miles north.  My rule is to come across like a native, pronounce it wrong.

Monroe is on the old MoPac and IC.  Shorelines were the A&LM plus logging and industrial switching at paper mills or logging operations.

Jim Ogden

Tony Thompson

I think the one in Virginia is locally MON-roe.

Tony Thompson

Nelson Moyer

I thought MUNrow was a southern thing until Bruce told us about the one in New York. Down south, the emphasis is on the U in MUN, without a hint of O in MONroe.

It must be a pretty slow modeling week for this thread to last this long.

Nelson Moyer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 11:11 AM
To:
main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: Mun-Roe was Re: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: Reefers At A Blast Furnace (Circa 1925)

Tony Thompson

Benjamin Hom

Nelson Moyer wrote:
"It must be a pretty slow modeling week for this thread to last this long."

Or absent moderators.

Ben Hom

Barry Roth

That’s how it is in the song “The Wreck of Old Ninety-Seven.”

On Apr 19, 2021, at 9:11 AM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Tony Thompson