Topics

My personal tribute to Bill Welch

Charlie Duckworth

I’d met Bill at one of the RPM meets in Collinsville, Illinois and we both ‘hit it off’.  Bill invited me to a small group session of ‘resin builders’ later that day. I was thinking how could I keep Bill’s memory alive and I thought about his Extreme Modeling PowerPoint I have saved.  I’ve been working on an Accurail MKT boxcar, carving off the plastic hand holds, etc and thought I’d like to bring this up to Bill’s
standards as in his PP and decided my tribute to Bill going forward is to have at least a few ‘Bill Welch Standards’ running on the layout.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.