Topics

N&W 1950 boxcar color

O Fenton Wells

Anyone know the best Scalecoat color for the N&W in the early 1950's?  It looks a little more brown than red but I'm not sure.
Thanking all in advance
Fenton

Bill Welch

I am planning to use Vallejo's  Model Color "Saddle Brown." This is meant to be brushed on so I use Liquitex "Airbrush Medium" to reduce it for Airbrushing and drop or two Windser-Newton "Flow Improver."

Sorry I cannot help you with the Scale Coat.

Bill Welch

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Bill, I'll try to cross reference it
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

James Brewer

Fenton,

I have always used Scalecoat II S2013 Boxcar Red, a/k/a Boxcar Red #1; it is more brown than red; also, Yarmouth Model Works recommends this color for painting their N&W B-5 boxcar kits.

Jim Brewer

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Jim, That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure.  Wanted an experts opinion
Fenton