Topics

Named freight trains.

Brian Carlson

While looking for something else entirely I stumbled upon this PDF. Enjoy.

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Brian,

That was very interesting. I especially liked WP's "Cabbage Cutter". I have never heard of this train. Terminous was at the end of a short branch (euphoniously named the "Terminous Branch") worked out of Stockton which served a number of vegetable packing plants. I suspect this was simply a local run mostly on a seasonal basis. I note that it is marked as an "extra". Strange that it should make it into this list.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 4:27 PM Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
While looking for something else entirely I stumbled upon this PDF. Enjoy.

Tony Thompson

Brian Carlson wrote:

   Very interesting, Brian. I had never even heard of this list. Dated 1952, it's perfect for me. All the SP trains, of course, I already knew from the SP "Perishable and Manifest Freight Schedules," but the ones for many other roads are most interesting. Thanks for showing us this!

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor

A very cool document !! Thanks for posting it - Excellent fodder for scale layout operations, methinks... :-D

On 7/18/2020 4:27 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:
While looking for something else entirely I stumbled upon this PDF. Enjoy.

Sterling, Massachusetts

william darnaby

Thanks for posting this, Brian.  Somebody at the model railroad club was showing this around some 40 years ago, so long ago that I could not remember what the document was.  Anyway, I remembered seeing all of the Monon named freight trains but I wasn't smart enough at the time to write them down.  Now I have them.

Bill Darnaby