Topics

Named freight trains.

Brian Carlson

While looking for something else entirely I stumbled upon this PDF. Enjoy.

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

Brian,

That was very interesting. I especially liked WP's "Cabbage Cutter". I have never heard of this train. Terminous was at the end of a short branch (euphoniously named the "Terminous Branch") worked out of Stockton which served a number of vegetable packing plants. I suspect this was simply a local run mostly on a seasonal basis. I note that it is marked as an "extra". Strange that it should make it into this list.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 4:27 PM Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Tony Thompson

Brian Carlson wrote:

Very interesting, Brian. I had never even heard of this list. Dated 1952, it's perfect for me. All the SP trains, of course, I already knew from the SP "Perishable and Manifest Freight Schedules," but the ones for many other roads are most interesting. Thanks for showing us this!

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor

A very cool document !! Thanks for posting it - Excellent fodder for scale layout operations, methinks... :-D

On 7/18/2020 4:27 PM, Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

william darnaby

Thanks for posting this, Brian.  Somebody at the model railroad club was showing this around some 40 years ago, so long ago that I could not remember what the document was.  Anyway, I remembered seeing all of the Monon named freight trains but I wasn't smart enough at the time to write them down.  Now I have them.

Bill Darnaby

On Saturday, July 18, 2020, 03:27:44 PM CDT, Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361@...> wrote: