Topics

Need about 15 HO brake reservoirs for project

Chuck Cover

Group,

I want to start a project to convert about 15 reefer cars from K brakes to AB brakes and need brake reservoirs.  I don't want to steal just the reservoirs from Tichy or other sets and have enough triple valves and brake cylinders to complete the project, so I just need the reservoirs. Anyone have some ideas?  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Scott H. Haycock

Hi Chuck,

I found these on Shapeways. They're ABD sets but the cylinders may work, and the price is right!

https://tinyurl.com/2uls9nyc

Scott Haycock
ent

On 02/21/2021 1:41 PM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

I want to start a project to convert about 15 reefer cars from K brakes to AB brakes and need brake reservoirs.  I don't want to steal just the reservoirs from Tichy or other sets and have enough triple valves and brake cylinders to complete the project, so I just need the reservoirs. Anyone have some ideas?  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Dave Parker

Chuck:

Not sure about 15, but I must have at least 10 Tichy AB sets kicking around, never to be used.

Contact me off list, and we'll figure something out to solve your shortfall.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

radiodial868

I model 1939 so rarely use the resin reservoir castings from the Sunshine and Westerfield kits. If you end up short and those are OK, just let me know.
--
-------------------
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Chuck Cover

Hi,

Thanks.  Those would be perfect for what I want to do with the reefers.  So if you have extras that you are not going to use, I’ll take them.  I am planning to use the extra triple valve castings from Sunshine kits for the project.  I have a bunch of them, but have already used all the resin reservoirs.  I really hate to break up a complete new AB brake set for just the reservoirs.  My address is:

Chuck Cover

22 Camino de las Minas

Santa Fe, NM

87508