Topics

Need about 15 HO brake reservoirs for project

Chuck Cover

Group,

I want to start a project to convert about 15 reefer cars from K brakes to AB brakes and need brake reservoirs.  I don't want to steal just the reservoirs from Tichy or other sets and have enough triple valves and brake cylinders to complete the project, so I just need the reservoirs. Anyone have some ideas?  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Scott H. Haycock

Hi Chuck,

I found these on Shapeways. They're ABD sets but the cylinders may work, and the price is right! 

https://tinyurl.com/2uls9nyc

Scott Haycock
Modeling Tarheel country in the Land of Enchantm
ent

On 02/21/2021 1:41 PM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

I want to start a project to convert about 15 reefer cars from K brakes to AB brakes and need brake reservoirs.  I don't want to steal just the reservoirs from Tichy or other sets and have enough triple valves and brake cylinders to complete the project, so I just need the reservoirs. Anyone have some ideas?  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Dave Parker

Chuck:

Not sure about 15, but I must have at least 10 Tichy AB sets kicking around, never to be used.

Contact me off list, and we'll figure something out to solve your shortfall.
--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA

radiodial868

I model 1939 so rarely use the resin reservoir castings from the Sunshine and Westerfield kits. If you end up short and those are OK, just let me know.
--
-------------------
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Chuck Cover

Hi,

Thanks.  Those would be perfect for what I want to do with the reefers.  So if you have extras that you are not going to use, I’ll take them.  I am planning to use the extra triple valve castings from Sunshine kits for the project.  I have a bunch of them, but have already used all the resin reservoirs.  I really hate to break up a complete new AB brake set for just the reservoirs.  My address is:

Chuck Cover

22 Camino de las Minas

Santa Fe, NM

Let me know what I owe you for postage.

Thanks again,

Chuck

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of radiodial868
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2021 9:13 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Need about 15 HO brake reservoirs for project

I model 1939 so rarely use the resin reservoir castings from the Sunshine and Westerfield kits. If you end up short and those are OK, just let me know.
--
-------------------
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Tim O'Connor

Sunshine for many years included a resin sheet of brake parts that I'm pretty sure included
two brake reservoirs (in halves). Would those be acceptable?

On 2/21/2021 3:41 PM, Chuck Cover wrote:
Group,

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

radiodial868

Found 7 from recent builds. Additional ones from years past are still packed away in the basement.
Will put in the mail tomorrow. 
If you ever end up with extra KC brakes, let me know as I can always use those.
--
-------------------
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Chuck Cover

Hey RJ,

I mailed out a few K brake units that were in my parts bin.  Thanks again.

Chuck

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of radiodial868
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:35 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Need about 15 HO brake reservoirs for project

Found 7 from recent builds. Additional ones from years past are still packed away in the basement.
Will put in the mail tomorrow. 
If you ever end up with extra KC brakes, let me know as I can always use those.
--
-------------------
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA