Topics

New detail part

Eric Hansmann

Now available from Resin Car Works, HO scale Equipco brake wheel parts! More details are on our blog.

http://blog.resincarworks.com/new-equipco-brake-wheel-parts/

Eric Hansmann
RCW web guy

Ken Adams

I know the thread is old but I finally ordered the 3D printed Resin Car Works Equipco Brake Wheel and housing and it arrived today. As I am primarily an SP modeler I need a good supply of the brake wheels and housings and I have an IM B-50-23 rebuild project underway after picking up the partially assembled kit of the used shelf at my local hobby shop.  I will re-use the chain and rod connecting the housing to the lever.

Now are there hints on how to handle the prints and mount the housing.  Was there ever a photo blog on installing the parts.

The further saga of the project will be on the Plastic Freight Car Builders group and shared to this group.

Eric Hansmann

There are some prototype advertising but no instructions on handling and mounting the prints.

http://www.resincarworks.com/extras/extras_Equipco.htm

This page of tips pops up quickly when searching for “How to clean Shapeways prints.”

https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/best-way-to-clean-frosted-ultra-detail-model-for-painting.29248/

Bill Welch had an interesting post on mounting the Kadee handbrake hardware. Some of this may help when installing the RCW Equipco details.

http://blog.resincarworks.com/adapting-kadee-brake-components/

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN