Topics

New eBay listing

Clark Propst

Jake Schaible

Respectfully, let's not use this board to post advert.  Not all of use model your era and scale.

-J

Roger Huber

Respectfully, I have to say, "why not"? Others have posted about books and new arrival freight car kits or parts so what's the difference? Personally, I don't mind seeing a plug from a member selling something or being advised of a new kit. It's all on the same trail to me to having or building a nice model for my layout. 

Things are posted often I have no interest in and I just hit delete. No pain involved. I'd hate to see another means of acquiring something I "need" be taken away from me/us.

Just my 2¢.

Roger Huber
Deer Creek Locomotive Works

On Monday, January 27, 2020, 05:21:13 PM CST, Jake Schaible <jjschaible@...> wrote:

Respectfully, let's not use this board to post advert.  Not all of use model your era and scale.

-J

WILLIAM PARDIE

Actually I enjoy this aspect t if the list.  I have bought several completed models from this modeler for whom I have a great deal of respect.
Had he not called attention to this I would have missed out.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/27/20 1:21 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] New eBay listing

-J

Roger Huber

I read the group description and goals and see no mention of selling, etc. I would prefer this group NOT become flea market but still welcome someone selling kits or completed cars, parts or being made aware of new products. Some folks don't have a lot of contacts in which to be informed about things so we should be able to share here.

I would appreciate having a moderator get in this conversation with a YEA or NAY for us.

Thanks,

Roger Huber

Bill Keene

Yes. What Bill wrote.

But I thought that sales notices were limited to postings on Friday only. Then again, perhaps I have my groups confused. 

Cheers from “confused most of the time” 
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 27, 2020, at 3:41 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Actually I enjoy this aspect t if the list.  I have bought several completed models from this modeler for whom I have a great deal of respect.
Had he not called attention to this I would have missed out.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 1/27/20 1:21 PM (GMT-10:00)
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] New eBay listing

-J

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

My $0.02: for sale listings have historically been limited to Friday. 

Thanks!
Brian Ehni 
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Jan 27, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Roger Huber via Groups.Io <trainpainter@...> wrote:

Respectfully, I have to say, "why not"? Others have posted about books and new arrival freight car kits or parts so what's the difference? Personally, I don't mind seeing a plug from a member selling something or being advised of a new kit. It's all on the same trail to me to having or building a nice model for my layout. 

Things are posted often I have no interest in and I just hit delete. No pain involved. I'd hate to see another means of acquiring something I "need" be taken away from me/us.

Just my 2¢.

Roger Huber

On Monday, January 27, 2020, 05:21:13 PM CST, Jake Schaible <jjschaible@...> wrote:

-J

Brian Termunde

I'm an N Scaler, modeling the Pacific Northwest, but as long as we aren't bombarded by ads and they are Steam Era Freight Cars, I see no problems with them. One can ignore them, I did go and check it out, even though I was sure it was HO, which it was . . . nicely done car too!

I think that it would be rather hard to try to restrict posts to ONE era or scale, and I don't think that they should be. There are posts all the time that are of no interest to me, but they are to others, and I am fine with that. It's no big deal. Besides, sometimes I learn something despite myself!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, Utah

Brian Termunde

Several of my groups have similar restrictions. The challenge for me is that I do not have internet at home (I spend to much time on it here at work! <G>), and I am off work Thursdays and Fridays, so unless I go to the library and deal with their computers, I cannot post ad's if I wanted to.

Pretty much like I said before, I have little issues with ad's as long as they are limited in number and scope. However, the rules are the rules, and we should honor them.

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Midvale, Utah

Re: New eBay listing
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:30:10 PST
My $0.02: for sale listings have historically been limited to Friday. 

Thanks!
Brian Ehni 

Donald B. Valentine

Where is the harm in a list member mentioning a listing or another site on which items of use to many of us can be fouind for sale? There are a number of us who have found items we could use through such mentions so what's the problem as long as it is within list rules?

Cordially, Don Valentine

Clark Propst

My apologies for posting during the week. I knew 'sale' posts were to be on the weekend. Unfortunately, the model was finished in then. 

It's a sad fact that more freight car collections are being liquidated. This forum is the prefect place to offer those models when by the list rules, because we are the market.

CW Propst 

Bob Chapman

Even if I'm not in the market, I appreciate seeing the eBay listings, especially when the models are exemplary such as the current listing. I almost always learn something or at least get a bit of inspiration by checking out photos of the models. And as a potential future seller, the final sale price is useful insight for when the time comes. 

Keep 'em coming!
Bob Chapman