New ebay ops

Clark Propst

I've been selling freight cars on eBay for a couple years with no issues. When listing a freight car a couple weeks ago I had to re-sign up through Google. I used to get an email saying the car sold with a link to the buyer. This time I got nothing. Had to search to see that the car sold and to whom. It's been a week and I haven't received the payment, so I haven't sent the model.
Am I doing something wrong, or has eBay really screwed up the operation?

Clark Propst

O Fenton Wells

EBay, in my opinion, is trying to make money on the float.  You were requested to send your bank info so they would deposit the money to your bank in 2 days minus the selling fees.  I think it's a mistake and have been avoiding them since I got the email requesting I re-register with my bank account info.
Nope I will not give them that.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Paul Doggett

Clark

According to the new eBay rules you should have the money paid into your bank account in two days. You need to contact eBay.
Paul Doggett

On 16 Jun 2021, at 15:27, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

I've been selling freight cars on eBay for a couple years with no issues. When listing a freight car a couple weeks ago I had to re-sign up through Google. I used to get an email saying the car sold with a link to the buyer. This time I got nothing. Had to search to see that the car sold and to whom. It's been a week and I haven't received the payment, so I haven't sent the model.
Am I doing something wrong, or has eBay really screwed up the operation?

Clark Propst

Clark Propst

Think I have this figured out. They say the buyer paid so you're to ship, then they give you the money when the buyer gets the goods...???
Clark Propst

O Fenton Wells

That’s not the way I read the eBay message. They sold it as a fast, 2 days, direct to your bank account regardless of how buyer pays minus selling fees. I felt they wanted to control paying the seller and make sure the seller paid his fees. If I didn’t know better I’d guess they were trying to stick a finger in pay pals eye
Just say’in
Fenton

On Jun 16, 2021, at 12:57 PM, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Think I have this figured out. They say the buyer paid so you're to ship, then they give you the money when the buyer gets the goods...???
Clark Propst

O Fenton Wells

Besides 2 days is BS in my opinion when I was getting paid in seconds when the buyer used pay pal which most did

On Jun 16, 2021, at 1:21 PM, O Fenton Wells via groups.io <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

That’s not the way I read the eBay message. They sold it as a fast, 2 days, direct to your bank account regardless of how buyer pays minus selling fees. I felt they wanted to control paying the seller and make sure the seller paid his fees. If I didn’t know better I’d guess they were trying to stick a finger in pay pals eye
Just say’in
Fenton

On Jun 16, 2021, at 12:57 PM, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

Think I have this figured out. They say the buyer paid so you're to ship, then they give you the money when the buyer gets the goods...???
Clark Propst

Tim O'Connor

Clark

I never log in to any web site via a third party. That's just asking for interference and problems.

But I haven't sold anything for over 18 months... I sure hope they haven't broken the service!
I have bought one or two items, and have not noticed any change.

Tim

On 6/16/2021 10:22 AM, Clark Propst via groups.io wrote:
I've been selling freight cars on eBay for a couple years with no issues. When listing a freight car a couple weeks ago I had to re-sign up through Google. I used to get an email saying the car sold with a link to the buyer. This time I got nothing. Had to search to see that the car sold and to whom. It's been a week and I haven't received the payment, so I haven't sent the model.
Am I doing something wrong, or has eBay really screwed up the operation?

Clark Propst

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tim O'Connor

Ebay has never had my bank information, nor would I give it to them. Maybe that's why I've not
noticed a change? I've always used Paypal to pay for things. Is this new "rule" that they want your
bank routing number in order to receive payment? That would really suck, in my opinion.

Tim O'Connor

On 6/16/2021 10:54 AM, Paul Doggett via groups.io wrote:
Clark

According to the new eBay rules you should have the money paid into your bank account in two days. You need to contact eBay.
Paul Doggett

On 16 Jun 2021, at 15:27, Clark Propst via groups.io <cepropst@...> wrote:

I've been selling freight cars on eBay for a couple years with no issues. When listing a freight car a couple weeks ago I had to re-sign up through Google. I used to get an email saying the car sold with a link to the buyer. This time I got nothing. Had to search to see that the car sold and to whom. It's been a week and I haven't received the payment, so I haven't sent the model.
Am I doing something wrong, or has eBay really screwed up the operation?

Clark Propst

Sterling, Massachusetts

Andy Carlson

Yes, this is why I have stopped selling on Ebay. I remember when they forced everyone onto PayPal, which they created and owned 100%. Later, after they sold it (For billions), they instituted their new payment plan through their own bank. I have reached a point with them that the advantages of selling to a huge market is contradicted by these new, mandatory sellers rules. I have still been able to add food to my table since my departure. I do still buy from them.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 4:03:40 PM PDT, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Ebay has never had my bank information, nor would I give it to them. Maybe that's why I've not
noticed a change? I've always used Paypal to pay for things. Is this new "rule" that they want your
bank routing number in order to receive payment? That would really suck, in my opinion.

Tim O'Connor

radiodial868

Guess I'm the outlier here, I still crank out a ton of surplus items each month that I've accumulated. Funds my current endeavors. There's no other market with that worldwide exposure and convenience. The shipping discount alone covers much of the fees.
I rather like the new payment format. My credit union allows additional accounts for free, so I set one up and that's where all the money is directed. Since I print the shipping label and ship quickly, the shipping cost gets deducted, too. I think that is what the 2 days is for, to capture the shipping.
Just checked, the account now has enough saved into it to buy a very nice 3D Printer!
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

Thomas Klosterman

You need to sign in to Ebay, click on MyEbay (Right upper corner), click on selling. You will find a menu. Click on Sold and your info will appear. It seems as if the money comes to you (your bank account) 2 days after the buyer pays. Also at "Sold" is a place to print a shipping label with postage paid or you can print out the buyer's address and send it on your own.