Topics

New file uploaded to main@RealSTMFC.groups.io

main@RealSTMFC.groups.io Notification <main+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@RealSTMFC.groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Aley, Jeff A <Jeff.A.Aley@...>

Station and Reweigh symbols from James Brewer

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

James Brewer

All,

This file was also uploaded to the Resin and Plastic Freight car site; when I attempted to upload it to Reatstmfc there was no space; so I forwarded to Jeff and he kindly has uploaded it.

I have received several corrections/additions to the file; I would ask that if you have any corrections/additions, to forward them directly to me; I have no pride of authorship in this, I am just the scribe.  Please for to me at jim.brewer.3611@...

I anticipate posting the revised file around the beginning of July.  Thanks.

Jim Brewer

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 7:00 PM main@RealSTMFC.groups.io Notification <main+notification@realstmfc.groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that the following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@RealSTMFC.groups.io group.

Uploaded By: Aley, Jeff A <Jeff.A.Aley@...>

Station and Reweigh symbols from James Brewer

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

James Brewer

Also, it is not necessary to send me any corrections/additions as an Excel file....a simple email with be fine....thanks!

Jim Brewer

James Brewer

All,

There is some confusion as to the file that was uploaded to RealSTMFC.

I attempted to upload this file to the group's files at the same time it was uploaded to the files of the Plastic Freight Car Modelers and the Resin Freight Car Modelers; however, there was no space available so I forwarded the file to the list owners.

In the meantime, some of you have sent me corrections/additions to the original file that was posted; I have made these corrections/additions to a revised file that I anticipate posting at the beginning of July.

Within the past few days Jeff Aley kindly uploaded the original file; this file will be updated with the corrections/additions already forwarded, as well as any others that I receive in a timely manner.  Just this morning I received some additional information for DL&W and Erie.

So please, keep the corrections/additions coming and I will get them in the revised file.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

James Brewer

Mike,

Thanks for the information.  Do you know which of these reweighed freight cars?

One thing that I have learned is that each shop on the railroad had an identifying code or symbol; but not every shop did reweigh work.  So, for example, at the small N&W yard in Waynesboro, VA they probably could repack a journal box or maybe even test a reservoir, but they did not reweigh cars there.

Thanks.

Jim Brewer

James Brewer

Mike,

I should have been more specific......my question really related to the B&M list as you have parsed the Erie information from the color guide.  Sorry for the confusion. Dave Parker has supplied info on the B&M based upon those he had seen on freight cars.  Thanks!

Jim

Schleigh Mike

Hi Jim!

No, I don't have any more specifics about the B&M.  That road is not my first interest but I am a member of the group and have had some focus on their "DS" as that site did the re-weigh work for the first of the B&M "WAG" boxcars that appeared in 1958.  Dave and I communicate frequently.  He is a good B&M source.  Likewise Rick Nowell.

Also, I neglected Ferrona, Penna. as "FR" for the ERIE list.  That site is the closest to my current residence here in Western Pennsylvania.  Ferrona was the ERIE's yard at Sharon, Penna.

I think it wonderful you are doing this list.  We just cannot seem to get enough detail about these addictive freight cars.

Regards----Mike