Topics

New images on Steamtown site today

Brian Rochon

The first image shows the B end of PRR box car 35920 including great view of Carmer cut lever.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-11-08-19/X7985.jpg

The second image shows B end of SDRX tank car 4842 but notice the flat car and transformer load in the background  at left.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-11-08-19/X7983.jpg

Brian Rochon

Bruce Smith

That transformer load off behind SDRX 4842 is pretty cool too!

PRR 35920 is class X25.

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, Al

The first image shows the B end of PRR box car 35920 including great view of Carmer cut lever.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-11-08-19/X7985.jpg

The second image shows B end of SDRX tank car 4842 but notice the flat car and transformer load in the background  at left.

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-11-08-19/X7983.jpg

Brian Rochon

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Thanks for sharing, Brian! Fabulous photos.

Elden Gatwood

The first image shows the B end of PRR box car 35920 including great view of Carmer cut lever.

Blockedhttp://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-11-08-19/X7985.jpg

The second image shows B end of SDRX tank car 4842 but notice the flat car and transformer load in the background at left.

Blockedhttp://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-11-08-19/X7983.jpg

Brian Rochon

prr6380

This year at Lisle I heard several people discussing the need for small square stock for use as brake staff material.  At the time I was thinking that the brake staffs that I had seen years ago when they were still common were round not square.  The photo of the Pennsy car shows it ti be round, with only the top for they wheel and the place  for the ratchet to be forged square.  Maybe some other cars had square brake staffs.

Walter Stafa

Douglas Harding

Check the group messages, this was discussed about a year ago. Bill Welch found a source of square stock suitable for brake shafts, and was giving out pieces at RPMs. I got a length from him at Collinsville.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org