--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com

Tony Thompson

Pierre Oliver wrote:

Todays blog posting
https://elgincarshops.blogspot.com/2020/12/this-has-been-overdue-jig.html
Heck of a good product idea. Hope it's well received.

Tony Thompson
tony@signaturepress.com

Ken Adams

Ordering this and a lot of other stuff from Pierre.  But not going to complete order for shipping until the USPS can recover from the current disaster condition.  i have two train related order now so completely lost in the mail and the USPS dropped them from their tracking system after a month. Tracers filed but no response yet from USPS. 

This is now an existential threat to the hobby.

--
Ken Adams
Still in splendid Shelter In Place solitude, about half way up Walnut Creek
Owner PlasticFreightCarBuilders@groups.io

Pierre Oliver

Ken,
On behalf of all of us who operate mail order businesses, thanks for understanding.
USPS is in the weeds, like never before. It will recover, the question is when.
Also, and this should have been said a long time ago. I do not get tracking numbers for shipments out of Canada unless it's a very large order, like 20 kits. The postage rate for tracking numbers outside of Canada is more than double the normal rate
This has caused a couple of fights with Paypal, but I doubt that I'd sell much if I had to charge $20.00 postage for a $3.00 item so as to have a tracking number
I will also say this, Canada Post, USPS, Royal Mail, Deustche Post, etc, have provided outstanding service over the years. Very few items lost. The stats are impressive if stop and look at them

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
On 12/22/20 5:19 p.m., Ken Adams wrote:

Ordering this and a lot of other stuff from Pierre.  But not going to complete order for shipping until the USPS can recover from the current disaster condition.  i have two train related order now so completely lost in the mail and the USPS dropped them from their tracking system after a month. Tracers filed but no response yet from USPS. 

--
Ken Adams

Brian Carlson

Problem is if you wait to order, it may be sold out. Just ordered from Pierre this afternoon myself. 

Brian J. Carlson 

On Dec 22, 2020, at 5:19 PM, Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...> wrote:

--
Ken Adams

Pierre Oliver

Brian who? 😉

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
On 12/22/20 5:50 p.m., Brian Carlson via groups.io wrote:

Problem is if you wait to order, it may be sold out. Just ordered from Pierre this afternoon myself. 

Brian J. Carlson 

On Dec 22, 2020, at 5:19 PM, Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...> wrote:

--
Ken Adams