Topics

New tank car

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Friends,

While scanning MODEL RAILROADING at the hobby store last weekend (didn't
buy, seldom useful except as t.p.), I noticed that in the new products
section was mention of an SP tank car (O-13, IIRC) from Intermountain.
The price was something like $26, which smells like a premium kit kit
similar to their retooled PFE reefer. Comments anyone?

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

I believe that's a O scale car which accounts for the price difference
between it and HO scale cars.

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
Digitrax DCC owner, Chief system
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Jon Miller <atsf@...>

Oops, you may have meant Model Railroader. Mailline Modeler has an O
scale in their New Products section but the MSRP is $32.95. That listing
you saw for $26 may be a HO scale RTR car which are a few buck more than the
kits.

Jon Miller
AT&SF
For me time has stopped in 1941
Digitrax DCC owner, Chief system
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

Garth, you saw an assembled ACF type 27 tankcar. Utterly inaccurate
for the SP. IRC could have lettered the 8,000 gallon car as O-50-13.
At least they would have gotten the gallonage correct....

Tim O'Connor <timoconnor@...>

At 04:40 PM 1/18/01 -0500, you wrote:
Garth, you saw an assembled ACF type 27 tankcar. Utterly inaccurate
for the SP. IRC could have lettered the 8,000 gallon car as O-50-13.
At least they would have gotten the gallonage correct....
Ooops. Typo. I meant O-50-14.

Timothy O'Connor <timoconnor@...>
Marlborough, Massachusetts