Topics

new TICHY freight car parts

Tim O'Connor

Just received this news of what appears to be an Enterprise locking
mechanism - perhaps the same as those that come with the USRA hopper?
I don't think it's been offered before. Now if we could just get Wine
door locks in injection molded plastic.

Tichy catalog #3085 according to the flyer

Tim O'

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Tim,

I'd like to see Simonton operating gear as well, but I do have more than a few hoppers that could stand improved Wine door locks.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Just received this news of what appears to be an Enterprise locking
mechanism - perhaps the same as those that come with the USRA hopper?
I don't think it's been offered before. Now if we could just get Wine
door locks in injection molded plastic.

Tichy catalog #3085 according to the flyer

Tim O'

--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*

Benjamin Hom

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"Now if we could just get Wine door locks in injection molded plastic."

Ralph Brown responded:
"I'd like to see Simonton operating gear as well, but I do have more than a few hoppers that could stand improved Wine door locks."

Not styrene, but still available from Westerfield in resin:
https://id18538.securedata.net/westerfieldmodels.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=667

Ben Hom

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Ben,

Despite the many times as I've ordered things from Westerfield, I didn't know that. Thanks for bringing them to my attention. I'll definitely include some in my next order.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

"Now if we could just get Wine door locks in injection molded plastic."

Ralph Brown responded:
"I'd like to see Simonton operating gear as well, but I do have more than a few hoppers that could stand improved Wine door locks."

Not styrene, but still available from Westerfield in resin:
https://id18538.securedata.net/westerfieldmodels.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=667

Ben Hom

dahminator68

Hello Ben, Tim and all:  Actually the Westerfield Models #1171 Wine Door Lock set IS styrene, NOT Resin.

The sets are currently available on our website, as Ben pointed out.

Here is the link:

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 11:05:55 AM EST, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:

Tim O'Connor wrote:
"Now if we could just get Wine door locks in injection molded plastic."

Ralph Brown responded:
"I'd like to see Simonton operating gear as well, but I do have more than a few hoppers that could stand improved Wine door locks."

Not styrene, but still available from Westerfield in resin:
https://id18538.securedata.net/westerfieldmodels.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=667

Ben Hom

Paul Woods <paul@...>

Ahem....from the Westerfield site:

"Made in Injection Molded Styrene. Not Resin"

Regards
Paul Woods

NYCSHS #7172

---- On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 05:05:45 +1300 Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote ----