Topics

nice 1910 colorized postcard view of C&EI 60286

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

We get a nice 1910 colorized postcard view of C&EI 60286 (plus some other cars) at the link below...

Additional information can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Chuck Soule

Not to mention  some great steamboats and a fascinating bridge in the background.

Chuck

Schuyler Larrabee

So, C&EI and Frisco were connected somehow?

Schuyler

We get a nice 1910 colorized postcard view of C&EI 60286 (plus some other cars) at the link below...

Additional information can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Jerry Michels

Sold!  Couldn't pass up the Frisco Lines logo on a C&EI boxcar! Jerry Michels

mopacfirst

Part of the Yoakum empire, starting with the SA&AP.  Yoakum, Texas, is named for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin_Yoakum

Ron Merrick

Tim O'Connor

Jointly operated a large freight station in St Louis that included the Rock Island.

Tim

On 3/5/2021 11:45 AM, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io wrote:

So, C&EI and Frisco were connected somehow?

Schuyler

We get a nice 1910 colorized postcard view of C&EI 60286 (plus some other cars) at the link below...

Additional information can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Sterling, Massachusetts

Steve and Barb Hile

There was a time in the early 20th Century when the owners of the RI (The Reid Moore Syndicate) and Frisco (BF Yoakum) envisioned a transcontinental railroad based on their roads.  Obviously never happened but the RI and Frisco pages appear adjacent to one another in many ORER’s of the time.

Steve Hile

We get a nice 1910 colorized postcard view of C&EI 60286 (plus some other cars) at the link below...

Additional information can be found at the link below...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Sterling, Massachusetts

lrkdbn

In the 1912 CBD, p.358-9 there are plans for a Frisco Refrigerator Line reefer. I presume this was also part of this consortium.
Larry King