Topics

NMRA Online Photo Archive

Bill Welch

If there are any NMRA members here, can you please inquire with the "powers that be" why some Reporting Marks have disappeared from the "Bob Charles Collection' on their site—SRR and SP for example? There were there at one point.

http://archive.nmra.org/Collections.aspx?c=509

Second, why do they not have the Harold "Dusty" Miller and Ernest Stefan collections available online since they own the negatives? All of these collections contain Freight Car images directly related to the era of this discussion group.

Bill Welch

Ralph W. Brown

Hi Bill.

I have found the NMRA archives very frustrating.  Numerous search typically produce results not even remotely related to the search parameters.  I’ve pretty much given them up.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

If there are any NMRA members here, can you please inquire with the "powers that be" why some Reporting Marks have disappeared from the "Bob Charles Collection' on their site—SRR and SP for example? There were there at one point.

http://archive.nmra.org/Collections.aspx?c=509

Second, why do they not have the Harold "Dusty" Miller and Ernest Stefan collections available online since they own the negatives? All of these collections contain Freight Car images directly related to the era of this discussion group.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

So as a member Ralph, have you complained, lobbied protested. . .to the NMRA as #L2532?!

Bill Welch

CJ Riley

Since the NMRA librarian position has been unfilled for years, there is no one to do anything about it. I am not sure how the transfer to the Sacramento library has proceeded but maybe that is the problem.