Topics

(No subject)

ThisIsR@...

I would like to continue the thread about meat and livestock
transport as it applies to the SE USA. William Griffin in his book:
SEABOARD:THE ROUTE OF COURTEOUS SERVICE has a photo of a solid train
of stockcars at Bainbridge,GA circa 1952. The caption indicates
they are heading to Kansas. SAL moved their Florida-Midwest traffic
Baldwin-Tallahassee then north to Columbus,GA or Montgomery,AL where
traffic was interchanged. I cannot tell what markings are on the
stockcars. So...I'm wondering if western or midwestern roads would
have had their stockcars wandering around the Deep South. SAL would
have only had about 50 stockcars in the 1940s. Any comments would be
appreciate. Thank you!

Richard Stallworth
Modeling the Seaboard Air Line