Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Erie coal gon

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Tim;

Surprising to me, too, since in addition to your points, Erie is one of the roads that does NOT have the "kiss of death" moniker attached to it.

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:37 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Erie coal gon

Surprising it was never done in resin... over 500 cars in service, and 44.0 feet inside length!

On 10/8/2019 8:10 PM, Hugh Guillaume via Groups.Io wrote:

Erie coal gon made from Mantua on my model railroad.
Sent from my Verizon ASUS Tablet

Attachments:

* P_20191008_200729.jpg <Blockedhttps://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/167257/0>

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Eric Hansmann

It might not be available as a resin kit because there are many out there on the secondary market that were produced by Lindberg and Mantua. They need work but can be found fairly cheap. I have a pair in my stash that were bought for less than $5 total.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gatwood, Elden J SAD
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Erie coal gon

Tim;

Surprising to me, too, since in addition to your points, Erie is one of the roads that does NOT have the "kiss of death" moniker attached to it.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor

Surprising it was never done in resin... over 500 cars in service, and 44.0 feet inside length!

Attachments:

* P_20191008_200729.jpg <Blockedhttps://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/167257/0>

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Good point, Eric!

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:18 AM

It might not be available as a resin kit because there are many out there on the secondary market that were produced by Lindberg and Mantua. They need work but can be found fairly cheap. I have a pair in my stash that were bought for less than $5 total.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gatwood, Elden J SAD
Sent: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 10:08 AM

Tim;

Elden Gatwood

Attachments:

* P_20191008_200729.jpg <BlockedBlockedhttps://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/attachment/167257/0>

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts