From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of m repka via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2020 2:52 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Sudan. PA

Sort of a remote area! Not far from Monongehela Pa. this is where the Donora Southern and United States Steel RR came off of the P&WV main, and went about 5 miles to the USS mill in Donora and also the slag dump some of which is still there right along the river. The line was up on the hill from the river and it also had two tunnels, one short and the other one maybe a half mile long, and those tunnels are still there also. That Narrow Gauge Rd. is the ROW of the DS and I have driven on it but do not know how it got that name as pretty sure the line was never narrow gauge Mike in St. Petersburg Fla