From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rene LaVoise
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:47 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] inexpensive kit-bash

I recently finished the same kitbash using the an undec IM USRA gon as the starting point. The spiral ends available from Shapeways are a drop in replacement of the kits ends. Very easy conversion.

The car is waiting its trip through the paint shop and now have a question on what color would be correct for the late 1920s, Freight Car Red or Black?

--
René LaVoise
Kirkwood, MO

Rene LaVoise

Thanks Elden.  The Monon gon was a pretty easy project using the spiral ends from Shapeways.

I have two other kit-bashes of USRA gons waiting for their trip through the paint shop, Ted Culotta's Litchfield & Madison from the St Louis 2018 RPM and a W&LE with replacement steel sides.

--
René LaVoise
Kirkwood, MO

Gatwood, Elden J SAD