From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Cover
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 11:31 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] inexpensive kit-bash

Group:  Thanks for all the positive comments.

Jim Brewer asked:  How were the Tichy decals to work with?

I know that Tichy decals have been discussed previously on this list and some have said that they are too thick and hard to work with.  However, I have used Tichy decals for a number of projects when the kit does not come with decals or I want to letter for a different road.  I have found them to be easy to work with and they look fine to me on the finished models.  I use the same process as with other decal products.  Attached are a few photos of models for which I used Tichy decals.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Chuck Cover

Thanks for the kind words Elden.  The EJ&E boxcar is indeed an ancient Sunshine #11.1.  I love the way it looks next to the larger boxcars that dominate most 1950s layouts.  I think the kit came without decals, so I used the Tichy.

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Chuck;

My kit, build, which was cruelly stolen, but originally gifted to me by Ed Hawkins, had decals.  Given the commentary on how flawed that kit was, and the challenges of assembling that kit, I am amazed you also put that SOB together.

Given the wanderings of these “Steel Road” box cars in tin plate, steel sheet, etc., I m astounded more people have not got onboard the necessity of having these cars and others on their roads.

Great job!

Elden Gatwood