Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: PRR Gondola 350115 (Undated)

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Group;

For those that like their GR’s old, go dig up these from the Hagley.  They are full of nice details.

Have any of you done a model of a shifted load for your operators to spot and set out?  I loved confounding my operators with bad order cars, offal loads, shifted loads, and other such aggravations.  One of my faves was a shifted structural steel load that was crawling out the dropped end threatening to go outside the clearance diagram of the idler flat.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 4:06 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: PRR Gondola 350115 (Undated)

Hi Bob and List Members,

A wonderful photo of a PRR class GR composite gon. Note this car class was built with drop ends, and the dropped end nearest the camera does not look too good! Still lettered in early style center bar lettering, and also archbar trucks. Note the outside stake pockets, some of which were recently in use by all appearances.

Undated image, but perhaps an automobile historian could tell us something about the date based in the lovely vehicle in the background.

Note that the dimensional lumber at the lumberyard (at right) was stacked before the common use of forklifts - there are no spacers in the stacks of lumber to use as an entry point for the fork.

The string of mostly 36ft cars in the background is fun to look at as well! The obligatory NP boxcar is indeed present. I note the INTERCOLONIAL boxcar on the left, when did that lettering go away?

Claus Schlund

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 1:28 PM

Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: PRR Gondola 350115 (Undated)

Photo: PRR Gondola 350115 (Undated)

A photo from the Detroit Public Library:

Blockedhttps://digitalcollections.detroitpubliclibrary.org/islandora/object/islandora%3A160440

Click and hold to enlarge photo.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA