Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: HERX (Hershey) Insulated Boxcar Or Reefer (1960)

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Guys;

We had a lengthy discussion on this photo in another forum, and none of the talented photo manipulators could do much better.  Maybe you can?

The presence of so many PRR cars is a treat, as are the WP and CNW box cars.

This scene is so modelable, I am surprised I haven’t seen it done.  Just look at the great details both in and around the yard.  Fabulous.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 2:03 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: HERX (Hershey) Insulated Boxcar Or Reefer (1960)

Erie (or anyone) can you read a car number on that image?

Schuyler

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: HERX (Hershey) Insulated Boxcar Or Reefer (1960)

I don’t have any data on the evolving Hershey house car fleet. I did see this 1935 image recently that features a starkly different looking Hershey car in a Pittsburgh team yard.

Blockedhttps://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt%3A715.3525839.CP

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chaparro via groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 11:51 AM
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Photo: HERX (Hershey) Insulated Boxcar Or Reefer (1960)

Photo: HERX (Hershey) Insulated Boxcar Or Reefer (1960)

A photo from the Cornell University Digital Collections:

Blockedhttps://library.artstor.org/#/asset/SS7731920_7731920_12131678;prevRouteTS=1601223980809

This is a partial view of the car and it is reversed.

What is known about the Hershey fleet up to this date?

Thanks.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA