Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Is this "DowelLoc" flooring in this box car?

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Thanks, Jack!

I have not seen the explanation on why PRR chose that flooring in doorways only, for their X53 class meant for “sensitive” coil on pallets, but it may have been from their experience with loading heavy coil through weaker doorways.  Maybe they thought this provided additional rigidity?

They were also DF-equipped and Insulated.

Must’ve been some valuable coil!

Elden Gatwood