Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] More boring well car stuff

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Tony;

I greatly appreciate the input!  Any input you can provide is ALWAYS appreciated.

Menagerie is right.  I was looking back at some of the data I collected, and it was indeed a dog’s breakfast of cars on the PRR, due to the incredible variety of customer demands in their territory.  It wasn’t just Westinghouse, it was also Mesta Machine, United Engineering, United States Steel, and many others, all with specific needs.

It must’ve been lucrative, otherwise why?  Bragging rights?  Not enough.  These cars were incredibly expensive.

Elden Gatwood