Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Whose gon and dolomite container cars are these?

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Group;

I apologize.  Upon further examination, I think those are Calcium Carbide containers.  They were shorter in body, and had smaller capacity chambers.

Calcium Carbide was a critical ingredient in iron and steel-making.  It was used in desulphurization of iron, and as fuel in steelmaking to extend scrap ratio to liquid iron, or as deoxidizer at ladle in treatment facility.

That stills leaves me with where they came from!

Elden Gatwood