From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of O Fenton Wells
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 10:10 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Tank heads on depressed center flat on EJE

In the old MR series by Alan Aramitage (sp?)
 He cut circles in plastic with a compass and a sharpened pointer to scribe the circle then snap it. I’ve done a few that way and after cleaning up with a file or sanding stick look pretty good

Fenton

On Dec 22, 2020, at 9:55 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Perhaps but the F29 had rivets on the sides and especially those triangle deck supports, both of which can be seen in the photo.
Do you know of other depressed center flat cars with the deck supports?

On 12/21/2020 9:10 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI wrote:

The side frames appear different. The attached photo shows a singular upper frame, while the lightbox appears to have a more flexible, almost “Buckeye”, appearance. At least to my eye.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Andy Cich <ajc5150@...>
Date: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 7:51 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>, <RealSTMFC@groups.io>

The linked photo sure does look like an F29. The sill steps, grab irons, poling pockets, and polling pocket rivets all match up.

About the only difference between the attached photo and the linked photo is the cut lever. Carmer on the attached photo and bottom operated on the linked photo.

Andy Cich