Topics

[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Tank heads on depressed center flat on EJE

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Group;

I am pretty certain it is a F29.  All the details match up.

Tim is right, those triangular deck supports are the deal sealer.

There were two groups of F29, differing only in trucks and an extra air reservoir.  The first group had those PRR trucks with the heavy yoke up top; the later group had Buckeyes.  I included something about this in the PRR flat car book.

Railworks did both variants after I supplied them photos.

Elden Gatwood

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Andy Cich <ajc5150@...>
Date: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 7:51 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>, <RealSTMFC@groups.io>

The linked photo sure does look like an F29. The sill steps, grab irons, poling pockets, and polling pocket rivets all match up.

About the only difference between the attached photo and the linked photo is the cut lever. Carmer on the attached photo and bottom operated on the linked photo.

Andy Cich

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Andy Cich <ajc5150@...>
Date: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 7:51 PM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>, <RealSTMFC@groups.io>