From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of naptownprr <jhunter@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:54 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [External] Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Foobie

I suggest that "foobie" may have some relation to "boobie."

Jim Hunter

From: "dh30973" <dhussey@...>
Subject: [MFCL] What constitutes a Foobie?

What constitutes a Foobie? After reading all this debate, maybe we need to grade them.

Foobie 1a: An accurate car with minor mistakes in decorating (dates, COTS, ACI, capacity)
Foobie 1b: An accurate car with major mistakes in decorating (wrong number series, wrong color)

Foobie 2: A semi accurate car with detail mistakes for the decorating (wrong roof walk, high vs low brake)

Foobie 3: An semi-inaccurate car for the decorating (wrong door size)

Foobie 4: A car that is right for one scheme and totally bogus for others (The B&0 40 Hi-Cube, F box decorated for xxx)

Foobie 5: A Stand In, Something close in detail with an accurate scheme (Maybe the same F Box decorated for xxx)

Foobie 6: Nothing correct (Tyco warbonnet GP20)

Your mileage and rating can (and will) vary.

Someone's Foobie can be another person's favorite model, until "we" collectively rain on their parade. Maybe we can get the NMRA to require this printed on the box after a select secret panel votes on the rating.

Tongue somewhat firmly planted in cheek<g>.

Dave Hussey

On 2/23/2021 1:11 PM, Dave Nelson wrote:

I always assumed it was a Richard Hendrickson-ism.  It’s been on used on STMFC for such a long time, probably going all the way back to Tim O’Connor’s e-mail list.

Dave Nelson