[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR X29B and X29D

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Mike;

My observations were only that.  I cannot say for sure what all cases were, but from looking at pics and diagrams indicate.

I am not surprised the manufacturers chose a conventional layout.  I just got interested after I saw the mistakes I had made, and thought  about what Ben was saying, and what I was seeing.

Due to the odd arrangement of the cross-bearers on the X29, and the lack of change to the u/f in rebuilding, I think they kept that arrangement on rebuilding to X29B.  The G.A. for the X29D looks like they did not relocate the cross-bearers either.  I know they did relocate the cross-bearers for the E, F and G.

Finally, the BL car is good for the X29B and early D, with the short taper IDE, but the X29D has an overhanging roof, all of them.  The late X29D has the long taper IDE.  Also note from pics and spreadsheet where the X29D tack boards were.

Sorry it’s raining.  We had a big hail storm earlier!

Elden Gatwood