[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] PRR boxcar lettering late 50s

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Ron, Group;

I have the data & drawings, for the P&L changes, but am currently not able to download by class; to note, it was not as simple as “April 1954”, for example.  It rolled out slowly for many different classes.

I was unaware there were dates of adoption on-line.  I am curious to see how accurate it is, because I know only a handful of people who know.

Also, depending on when certain classes were scheduled for a rebuilding campaign, you saw a lot of cars in those classes repainted into Shadow Key.  There being major rebuild campaigns for X29 and subclasses, X31-33, and H21, for example, you got a lot of new P&L in there.  Others were slower getting new P&L.

Elden Gatwood