[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Photo: PRR Merchandise Service Boxcar 37007

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Scott;

From the limited correspondence I read, the intention was to have the cars go between certain origination through many destinations, on an expedited delivery basis, subject to adjustment as needed.

The cars assigned show, to me, some confusion.

The expansion beyond X40B is notable, but still confusing.

The earliest scheme was sure pretty.  Example attached in color.

The concept did not pan out.  Many cars ended up in general service, far offline, later, and many not repainted became very ugly.  Example attached.

Some stayed in LCL to near the end.  Numbers in various ORERs.

Elden Gatwood