[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Equipco Brake Wheels

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

To add to what Ben said:

PRR was very fond of Equipco brakes for their X31A “round roof: box cars as here:

6

(+1)

X31A

67561

67758

68047

68143

68283

68377

68408

70094

76447

76642

76758

76777

76803

77061

77634

77758

77991

78417

78433

78477

78496

78913

79612

80239

80330

80378

81151

G Elwood

rsa

Burg

E9736-38

Vol 1 p.78

Bob

Dunn-Burg

Vol 2 p.40

Burg

Dunn-Burg

Vol 1 p.77

Vol 2 p.40

Vol 2 p.40

Vol 1 p.77

Vol 2 p.40

Bob

Vol 2 p.40

Dunn-Burg

AGaines

Dunn-Burg

Vol 3 p.54

Bob

Bob

JSands

Kuelbs?

Dunn-Burg

Dunn-Burg

Hagley

SK sans serif; transverse reservoir; 2D-F8

CK; Equipco brakes

CK; trans res; 2D-F12; no patch; early Equipco; jog grab; 4/34

PK; coal tar car

SK; calendar; ptd 4/54 trans res; 11/54

PK; 9/61; transverse brake res.

SK sans serif; Ajax brakes

PK; 9/61; transverse brake reservoir.

PK; 11/61; longitudinal reservoir.

SK serif; P57-11-54; c.’55

SK serif

SK serif; Universal brakes

PK; p-62-6-61

SK sans serif

CK; 2D-F12; 12/54

SK serif

SK; 2/60 repaint in serif; longitudinal reservoir.

None; Equipco

SK; 3/60 repaint in serif

CK;

SK; serif; ptd 6/55; 4/57

PK; ptd 1/66; patch; 7/68

SK sans serif; patch; long res; 1966

PK; 9/61 rebld; straight grab; Ajax?

SK; 2/60 repaint in serif; longitudinal reservoir.

SK; 4/60 repaint in serif; early Equipco; long. Res.

B end; Ajax brake

Bowser double door and single door cars; West Shore Line (NLA); Sunshine (NLA)

X31A early X31F brake arrangement (B end to right)

Late X31A (and etc) brake arrangement (B end to right)

I think Rapido will get this right on their upcoming X31A’s.  67xxx series, thru early 68xxx series, plus later, late 77xxx series.

There were a few G24 and G26 gons so equipped.

Additionally, Equipco’s were also found on some X31D, X32B, and X32D, plus some X37, X37A and X38 box cars.

Elden Gatwood