[Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Rapido announces HO Scale UTLX 10, 000 gallon X-3 tankcar

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Bruce;

I can’t be 100% accurate due to the quality of the photo, but the tank car to far right looks like an 8k SHPX uninsulated AC&F product.

The insulated tank car is a big one.  It might be a 10k.  It looks a lot like the cars in the Koppers fleet.  The two giveaways with UTLX cars are the square backing on the placard, and the unique defect card holder, neither of which I can see.

Sorry not to be more help.

Elden Gatwood

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Griffin
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:36 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Rapido announces HO Scale UTLX 10, 000 gallon X-3 tankcar

Friends, 

I guess I didn’t pay attention to the years of conversations about tank cars and I didn’t buy the book (I searched eBay and Amazon). So, I model 1950 B&0 on the east coast and I know I want about 15 of these cars for my fleet. Advice? 10 of the 1930s models and  5 of the1950s models or undec with ab brakes and hope NSC restocks decals for this model and I can make them appropriate for 1950?  I’ve attached a photo of the scene I want to recreate. Thank you. 

Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/