From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Termunde via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 5:35 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [RealSTMFC] Kadee CGW box car oops?

What do those letters mean? The "C" and "QL" etc.? TIA!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde

Murray, Utah

Tim O'Connor

Could "C" stand for Car Pac, another type of special loading equipment?

On 11/29/2021 5:42 PM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

Brian;

In my experience, they refer to “Cushioned” and “Quick Loader”

May be wrong…..

Elden Gatwood

What do those letters mean? The "C" and "QL" etc.? TIA!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde

Murray, Utah

Sterling, Massachusetts

mel perry

there was a series of 4 different codes
used at the same time, i found the
translations in google, years ago, and
no, i didn't copy them, i assume that
they are still there, nothing gets erased
from google
🙂
mel perry

Brian Termunde

Thank you all!

Take Care,

Brian R. Termunde
Murray, Utah

earlyrail

From the Oct 1958 ORER they are listed under note B as "equipped with Compartmentizers"
Total of 15 cars listed, not in any numerical order (rando in series)

Howard Garner