Topics

[Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Rails and Hoists for Spools of Rayon

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Group;  To add:

Here is an example of the PRR’s “silk” car fleet.  Not lost on me is the car number, right next to a rayon car number of 1964.

Note the interior dedicated racking equipment.  The obvious overhead rail is how the racks were slid into the channel for following movement in-car. I am not sure how and if these were modified for rayon shipment.

This is one of the cars recommended to Tangent for inclusion in their offering:  early X31A with transverse reservoir and early end arrangement.

During WW2, the silk cars would be moving to parachute manufacturers for the war effort.

Elden Gatwood