Topics

[Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Photo: was Load On GN Flat Car 60031 (1956) now PRR cars now LV car

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Schuyler;

The LV well flat was definitely similar to the F49, but not exactly the same.  An extremely attractive car.  Also a GSI product.

It was not surprising to me that LV bought one, given its good relations w PRR staff, so a GSI car, which were very well-received on the PRR, was the choice.

It is not lost on me, also, that LV served Lukens Steel, a maker of many high & wide loads, requiring this kind of car.  Win-Win.

I used to have that brass model, but sold it to an LV guy because he was so in love with it.  Problem was, no decals.  I had to have my PRR decals custom-made.

I’ll see if I can find it.

Elden Gatwood