[Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] Photo: Reading Gondola 34372 With Load

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Bob, Group;

I just love that photo.  Everything in there I like:  Nice weathered gon, inside dunnage, great ingot load.

Cold, not hot.  Rough ingots for re-heating, re-rolling or re-melt.  Nice chalk marks.

I rarely saw heavy steel loads like this with blocking.  They just laid it in, and expected the best:  ingots, slabs, blooms, billets, coil….

Interesting with two at one end, three the other.  Not good weight balance.

Thanks for sharing!  Made my day.

Elden Gatwood