[Non-DoD Source] [RealSTMFC] PRR boxcar lettering late 50s

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Ron;

From my research, it looks to me that a majority of X26C and X29B were repainted into Shadow Key by the late fifties, beginning with the introduction of that scheme in 1954.  A few cars lingered on in Circle Key.

The first group of X29D that had earlier IDE were built in 1952, and had Circle Key as built, so some of these lingered.  The later group of X29D were built in 1955 so had Shadow Key lettering as rebuilt.

No Plain Key until 1960.

Elden Gatwood