Topics

Northern Pacific Box Car 12833

Lester Breuer

I have completed the build of a Sunshine Models resin kit of Northern Pacific (NP) double-sheathed Box  Car 12833.  If you are interested in the build of this resin  kit of NP double-sheathed Box Car including changes and addition of parts not in the kit as unusual sill steps or modified Minor Ideal lever-style hand brake.  Photos and writeup of the build process including paint, lettering and weathering are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Scott

Really nice model Lester.  I enjoy reading your build posts.  The Miner Ideal brake machine isn't something we see every day.  Judging by the size I am guessing it provided additional mechanical leverage?

Thanks for sharing your building
Scott McDonald

Schuyler Larrabee

Lester, your production, both quantity and quality, is amazing.

Beautiful model.

Schuyler

I have completed the build of a Sunshine Models resin kit of Northern Pacific (NP) double-sheathed Box  Car 12833.  If you are interested in the build of this resin  kit of NP double-sheathed Box Car including changes and addition of parts not in the kit as unusual sill steps or modified Minor Ideal lever-style hand brake.  Photos and writeup of the build process including paint, lettering and weathering are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

Robert Allan

I enjoy your build narrative. The step by step is very well done. Model turned out very well.

Bob Allan

Paul Doggett

Lester

That’s another fine looking build
Paul Doggett.  England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 2 Mar 2021, at 02:19, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

I have completed the build of a Sunshine Models resin kit of Northern Pacific (NP) double-sheathed Box  Car 12833.  If you are interested in the build of this resin  kit of NP double-sheathed Box Car including changes and addition of parts not in the kit as unusual sill steps or modified Minor Ideal lever-style hand brake.  Photos and writeup of the build process including paint, lettering and weathering are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.   If you would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Lester Breuer

James E Kubanick

Lester,

A very nice build and blog post. I fund it very timely, too, as I am starting a build of a Sunshine NC&StL boxcar kit and will give your MEK goop methods a try as well a following other methods listed in your blog. Thanks for posting in such detail.

Jim Kubanick
Morgantown WV.