From: "George Courtney via groups.io" <gsc3@...>
Date: 5/24/21 5:39 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] NORTHERN PACIFIC WAR EMERGENCY BOXCARD-Gerry Glow

A bit off topic, but Mr. Glow appears to have cashed the checks of perhaps hundreds of modelers, myself included, and not been heard from again.  To stick to modeling, I personally would recommend dealing with other decal and model makers.  If this is too political for our hosts, I understand.

George Courtney

gtws00

I have had very fast service from Jerry Glow recently.
George Toman

Andy Laurent

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 08:39 PM, George Courtney wrote:
A bit off topic, but Mr. Glow appears to have cashed the checks of perhaps hundreds of modelers, myself included, and not been heard from again.  To stick to modeling, I personally would recommend dealing with other decal and model makers.  If this is too political for our hosts, I understand.
I have had the same experience.  Paid in full, no decals.  There are some other great vendors out there that do wonderful work!
Andy L.
Madison WI

George Courtney

I've not received the decals I paid for back several years ago.  Gerry told me he had gone broke doing the decals and could not supply them at that time.  Before then I had bought decals perhaps five times from him with no problem.  But I and others are forever out of our money.  YMMV.

George Courtney

StephenK

I thought Tichy has taken over this line.   Check this:   https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/29274

Steve Kay

George Courtney

I'm in luck to have both Tichy and K-4 making S scale decals I want.  I've never had a problem with either of them.  There are a few others that have a few S scale decals that also have been fine to work with.  I've forgotten where but someone posted a method to make Tichy decals more appealing to the discriminating decal buyer.

George Courtney

mel perry

out of curiosity, does anyone in the group
know jerry personally? or know of.someone who does? or have his phone number?, and tried to call him?
just thinking out loud
;-)
mel perry

Gene Semon

Jerry did sell most of his decal line to Tichy.  Over the last couple of months, he has designed custom decals for me of MP's 86" boxcars and he also did decals for Barrett for others.  All were received in a timely manner.  As mentioned, I do hope all is well with him.  His work has been excellent.

Gene Semon

Tony Thompson

     Please, let's not rehash old grudges from years ago. Did all that, got the T-shirt.

Tony Thompson

Mel,

Isn't Jerry is on this group. If so, he has likely has seen all that has been said here.

IIRC, we are not supposed to criticize a manufacturer's business practices on this board. Perhaps it is time for our moderators to close this thread.

Garth Groff  🦆

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:36 PM mel perry <clipper841@...> wrote:
out of curiosity, does anyone in the group
know jerry personally? or know of.someone who does? or have his phone number?, and tried to call him?
just thinking out loud
;-)
mel perry

Jerry Michels

Garth, criticizing a manufacturer's business practices and wondering out loud where your money went are two different things.  I want to know about manufacturers' who'd take my money and run so I don't fall into the same trap.
Sorry if I regard my money as important. I wish someone had turned the light on the truth of another decal manufacturer years back who took me for over $150.

Jerry Michels

Rex Racer

Add me to the list of people who sent Jerry money and got nothing in return. I've seen him post once or twice since then so he's still around, but he will never overcome cheating fellow modelers out of their hard earned and short supply hobby funds. Doesn't matter if he was good at one time, he's gone to the dark side. Luckily Tichy released what I needed and was able to finish my projects. Thanks Tichy.

Jared Harper

Andy Carlson