Topics

NYC box car with a star on it

Doug Paasch

I just bought a Bachmann Silver Series (15009) box car, NYC 164613, stamped BLT 10-47.  Under the oval “NEW YORK CENTRAL SYSTEM” logo is a 5-pointed star about 10 scale inches wide.  Does anyone know what the star means?  This is not an REA car with an attendant or anything.  Just a regular 40’ box car.

Thanks,

   Doug Paasch

Seth Lakin

Doug, from CanadaSouthern.com notes on NYC painting and lettering notes “A STAR under the oval herald indicates car used in grain service as per note #2 in drawing book J-56487”
I have a copy of the drawing book on my other computer. I would have to look up more details if needed.

Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN

Doug Paasch

Thank you Seth.  This info is sufficient for my purposes.

  Doug Paasch