[NYC-Railroad] NYC Cabooses in HO Scale and O Gauge

Charlie Vlk

The joke on us is that after decades of ATSF Athearn and other HO copies and the N Scale Roco MiniTrix and AHM and others copies of them being painted for every railroad under the sun.....
......late in the caboose era the ATSF sold off their cars (and similar class with flat roof panels) to many railroads making life imitate art!!
(IHB did get some and they were painted Jade Green!)
Charlie Vlk

On Sep 15, 2021, at 6:13 PM, Doug Kisala via groups.io <dougkisala@...> wrote:

Hello list,

Three out of five cabooses with legitimate NYC prototypes. :)

Not to worry, I've since repainted the AHM jade green caboose into Santa Fe colors (where it belongs).

The bobber caboose is a Mantua (or possibly Tyco) car from my grandfather's collection.  It has been around since at least the early 1970s, and possibly the 1960s.  I added Kadee couplers and changed the wheelsets to Kadees, but I haven't made other changes to the car.

The HO model of 19238 is from American Scale Models/Laser Kit.

The O gauge model of 19877 is a repainted Mike's Train House model with Protocraft decals.

I just got my Tangent Despatch Shops car a couple of days ago and it looks terrific.  If only we could convince them to do an HO scale H5 2-8-2 or K3n 4-6-2.....

Doug Kisala

<NYC 312 Caboose.JPG>
<NYC 334 Bobber Caboose.JPG>
<NYC 19238 Caboose.jpg>