NYC S-96012

Michael Palmieri

I’ve come across an ACF builder’s photo from March 1926 of an NYC boxcar numbered S-96012.  What is the significance of the letter S?

Mike Palmieri – Aubrey, Texas

robertb@smartchat.net.au

Mike,

This is the explanation from the Canada Southern website:-

Robert Bogie

On 19/07/2022 11:57 pm, Michael Palmieri wrote:

I’ve come across an ACF builder’s photo from March 1926 of an NYC boxcar numbered S-96012.  What is the significance of the letter S?

Mike Palmieri – Aubrey, Texas

robertb@smartchat.net.au

That came out to small. I try again as an attachment.

Robert Bogie

On 20/07/2022 12:32 am, robertb@... wrote:

Mike,

This is the explanation from the Canada Southern website:-

Robert Bogie

On 19/07/2022 11:57 pm, Michael Palmieri wrote:

I’ve come across an ACF builder’s photo from March 1926 of an NYC boxcar numbered S-96012.  What is the significance of the letter S?

Mike Palmieri – Aubrey, Texas

Michael Palmieri

Robert,

Thanks, can you provide the link to the page this is on?

Mike Palmieri - Aubrey, Texas

Benjamin Hom

Mike Palmieri asked:
"...can you provide the link to the page this is on?"

Scroll to the bottom of the page:

Todd Sullivan

Mike,

Google is your friend.  Just search on CASO and it should come up in the results.

Todd Sullivan

Todd Sullivan

I should have added that the particular comment is in the tab named "Miscellaneous" on the CASO site.

Todd Sullivan