OIL DISTRIBUTOR LOGO


WILLIAM PARDIE
 




Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.

Thaks for any help:

Bill Pardie


Scott H. Haycock
 

Hi William,
 
Maybe you can find it here: https://tinyurl.com/5xw2svwk 

Scott Haycock
Modeling Tarheel country in the Land of Enchantm
ent

On 08/01/2021 11:46 AM WILLIAM PARDIE <pardiew001@...> wrote:
 
 

 
 
Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.
 
Thaks for any help:
 
Bill Pardie
 


Tony Thompson
 

I have a good one, Bill, but am away from home this weekend.
Tony Thompson 


On Aug 1, 2021, at 10:46 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:


<IMG_0622.JPG>



Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.

Thaks for any help:

Bill Pardie


WILLIAM PARDIE
 

Thanks Tony:

Bill



Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone


-------- Original message --------
From: Tony Thompson <tony@...>
Date: 8/1/21 8:06 AM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] OIL DISTRIBUTOR LOGO

I have a good one, Bill, but am away from home this weekend.
Tony Thompson 


On Aug 1, 2021, at 10:46 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:


<IMG_0622.JPG>



Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.

Thaks for any help:

Bill Pardie


Doug Paasch
 

Tony,
I'd sure like a copy too please.  I'll be running Flying A tank cars from the Associated Oil dock in Seattle on my currently under construction layout.

Doug Paasch


On Sun, Aug 1, 2021, 12:06 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
I have a good one, Bill, but am away from home this weekend.
Tony Thompson 


On Aug 1, 2021, at 10:46 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:


<IMG_0622.JPG>



Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.

Thaks for any help:

Bill Pardie


George Corral
 

Tony,
I'd sure like a copy too please.

George
A wee bit north of the Clearwater Car Shops


Ray Hutchison
 


Tony Thompson has a page devoted to the Associated Flying A Oil Company at his Modeling the SP website: http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2013/12/associated-oil-company-background.html


If you google "Associated Flying A Oil Company logo" you will come up with dozens of examples... although I'm not certain any one of these matches the oil tanks in the original post


Tim O'Connor
 

On 8/1/2021 3:42 PM, Doug Paasch wrote:
Tony,
I'd sure like a copy too please.  I'll be running Flying A tank cars from the Associated Oil dock in Seattle on my currently under construction layout.

Doug Paasch


On Sun, Aug 1, 2021, 12:06 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
I have a good one, Bill, but am away from home this weekend.
Tony Thompson 


On Aug 1, 2021, at 10:46 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:


<IMG_0622.JPG>



Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.

Thaks for any help:

Bill Pardie


--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts


hubert mask
 

I offer the tidewater version of the flying A tank car.

Hubert Mask
Maskislanddecals.com


On Aug 3, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...> wrote:


Tony Thompson has a page devoted to the Associated Flying A Oil Company at his Modeling the SP website: http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2013/12/associated-oil-company-background.html

<Tidewater Flying A tank car.png>

If you google "Associated Flying A Oil Company logo" you will come up with dozens of examples... although I'm not certain any one of these matches the oil tanks in the original post


Tim O'Connor
 


Ah but WHICH tidewater version?? :-D

Tim O'Connor



On 8/3/2021 12:43 PM, hubert mask wrote:
I offer the tidewater version of the flying A tank car.

Hubert Mask
Maskislanddecals.com


On Aug 3, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Ray Hutchison <rayhutchison2@...> wrote:


Tony Thompson has a page devoted to the Associated Flying A Oil Company at his Modeling the SP website: http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2013/12/associated-oil-company-background.html

<Tidewater Flying A tank car.png>

If you google "Associated Flying A Oil Company logo" you will come up with dozens of examples... although I'm not certain any one of these matches the oil tanks in the original post

Attachments:



--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts


Charlie Vlk
 

To address the question as written, I did a number of online searches and could not find any photo of a bulk tank at a local dealer that would indicate what would typically under the logo, much less a Flying A operation.
Plenty of photos of the logo and some associated slogans but nothing that answers the question asked.
Charlie Vlk


On Aug 3, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:



Microscale 87-874

https://sidetrackhobby.com/products/460-87874


On 8/1/2021 3:42 PM, Doug Paasch wrote:
Tony,
I'd sure like a copy too please.  I'll be running Flying A tank cars from the Associated Oil dock in Seattle on my currently under construction layout.

Doug Paasch


On Sun, Aug 1, 2021, 12:06 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
I have a good one, Bill, but am away from home this weekend.
Tony Thompson 


On Aug 1, 2021, at 10:46 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:


<IMG_0622.JPG>



Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.

Thaks for any help:

Bill Pardie


--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts


Scott H. Haycock
 

I'm wondering if that text on the bottom of the sign my have been specific to that facility. Was that a company-owned site, or owned by a separate concern?
 

Scott Haycock
Modeling Tarheel country in the Land of Enchantm
ent

On 08/03/2021 1:29 PM Charlie Vlk <cvlk@...> wrote:
 
 
To address the question as written, I did a number of online searches and could not find any photo of a bulk tank at a local dealer that would indicate what would typically under the logo, much less a Flying A operation.
Plenty of photos of the logo and some associated slogans but nothing that answers the question asked.
Charlie Vlk

 

On Aug 3, 2021, at 11:41 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:


Microscale 87-874

https://sidetrackhobby.com/products/460-87874


On 8/1/2021 3:42 PM, Doug Paasch wrote:
Tony,
I'd sure like a copy too please.  I'll be running Flying A tank cars from the Associated Oil dock in Seattle on my currently under construction layout.
 
Doug Paasch
 

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021, 12:06 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:
I have a good one, Bill, but am away from home this weekend.
Tony Thompson 


On Aug 1, 2021, at 10:46 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

<IMG_0622.JPG>

 
 
Does anyone have a clear photo or drawing of the Flying A logo on the end of the tank in this photo?  I am in particular looking for the lettering below the FLYINBG A.
 
Thaks for any help:
 
Bill Pardie

--
Tim O'Connor
Sterling, Massachusetts