Topics

ONE MORE QUESTIOON ON BRAKES

WILLIAM PARDIE

While I am sounding off on brake components I have one more question.  I have an Intermountain model of a Santa Fe Ga-55 65 foot gondola.  It is a ;pretty good model
as is but I notice one anomaly.  The brake reservoir is mounted parallel to the center sill as opposed to the standard Santa Fe practice of mounting it perpendicular to the sill.
dI have a drawinfg from a 1950’s Model Railroader which also shows the Parallel mounting.  I woulod like to verify if this is gthe correct application.

Thanks for any help:

Bill Pardie

_._,_._,_WHIL

Tim O'Connor

Bill

I don't know, but I can tell you that Richard Hendrickson's Ga-55 had no brake cylinder, reservoir, or AB control valve.
The entire bottom of the Eastern Car Works model is stick-on tire weights. :-D

Richard belonged to the "If you can't see it when the car is on the track, then why bother?" philosophy of modeling. When
it comes to gondolas with deep fishbelly sides, he had a point! Tangent follows this philosophy on their gondolas so they can
model a full-depth interior and still give the cars enough weight to track well.

Tim O'Connor

On 3/5/2021 2:15 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE wrote:
While I am sounding off on brake components I have one more question.  I have an Intermountain model of a Santa Fe Ga-55 65 foot gondola.  It is a ;pretty good model
as is but I notice one anomaly.  The brake reservoir is mounted parallel to the center sill as opposed to the standard Santa Fe practice of mounting it perpendicular to the sill.
dI have a drawinfg from a 1950’s Model Railroader which also shows the Parallel mounting.  I woulod like to verify if this is gthe correct application.

Thanks for any help:

Bill Pardie

Sterling, Massachusetts