One out of the penalty box Fruit Growers Express truss rod reefer

Charlie Duckworth

This is my version of the mini-kit that I missed out on.  Accurail wood reefer body; queen posts from my parts bin, Champ Blue Ribbon FGE decals (the Speedwitch ones just wouldn’t lay in the groves).  Tru-Color ART yellow and Dullcoat with a drop of brown.   A few boards picked out with a brown pencil and white pencil used to denote salt around the hatches.  Do to the issue with the Speedwitch decal this sat in my shelf of doom for a couple years.  I finally used decal remover, resprayed the yellow and finished it today

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

O Fenton Wells

Wow Charlie, it really looks nice.  Well done!!  I remember driving around Fla in the early 1960's and seeing many FGEX reefers stored on sidings and no two were the same color yellow.
Fenton

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 6:11 PM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

This is my version of the mini-kit that I missed out on.  Accurail wood reefer body; queen posts from my parts bin, Champ Blue Ribbon FGE decals (the Speedwitch ones just wouldn’t lay in the groves).  Tru-Color ART yellow and Dullcoat with a drop of brown.   A few boards picked out with a brown pencil and white pencil used to denote salt around the hatches.  Do to the issue with the Speedwitch decal this sat in my shelf of doom for a couple years.  I finally used decal remover, resprayed the yellow and finished it today

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

hubert mask

Looks great Charlie.  I haven’t forgot you decals and Horn.

Hubert Mask

On Oct 27, 2021, at 6:23 PM, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

Wow Charlie, it really looks nice.  Well done!!  I remember driving around Fla in the early 1960's and seeing many FGEX reefers stored on sidings and no two were the same color yellow.
Fenton

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 6:11 PM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

This is my version of the mini-kit that I missed out on.  Accurail wood reefer body; queen posts from my parts bin, Champ Blue Ribbon FGE decals (the Speedwitch ones just wouldn’t lay in the groves).  Tru-Color ART yellow and Dullcoat with a drop of brown.   A few boards picked out with a brown pencil and white pencil used to denote salt around the hatches.  Do to the issue with the Speedwitch decal this sat in my shelf of doom for a couple years.  I finally used decal remover, resprayed the yellow and finished it today

<23AF16D1-CF31-4BB8-9475-53CF069796B1.jpeg>
<7361123B-D59E-443C-AB10-56603ECF120A.jpeg>
<A4D65F64-F230-46B0-82BB-E9A75A67DB46.jpeg>
<30AA0ABC-344C-404A-BAB9-A99BA7585B52.jpeg>

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Nelson Moyer

Very nice looking car, Charlie. You’re braver than I am, I went with the post-1950 paint scheme, doing away with hand painting all the hardware. After making color chips from several Tru Color yellows, I went with WFE Yellow for consortium cars. Supposedly, they all used the same paint scheme. Some modelers have used Armour Yellow for BREX cars, however I found that to be a little too orange and a little too dark yellow, but then I paint for a new paint look and weather from there.

Nelson Moyer

This is my version of the mini-kit that I missed out on.  Accurail wood reefer body; queen posts from my parts bin, Champ Blue Ribbon FGE decals (the Speedwitch ones just wouldn’t lay in the groves).  Tru-Color ART yellow and Dullcoat with a drop of brown.   A few boards picked out with a brown pencil and white pencil used to denote salt around the hatches.  Do to the issue with the Speedwitch decal this sat in my shelf of doom for a couple years.  I finally used decal remover, resprayed the yellow and finished it today

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Paul Doggett

Charlie

That looks really great.

Paul Doggett      England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 27 Oct 2021, at 23:11, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

This is my version of the mini-kit that I missed out on.  Accurail wood reefer body; queen posts from my parts bin, Champ Blue Ribbon FGE decals (the Speedwitch ones just wouldn’t lay in the groves).  Tru-Color ART yellow and Dullcoat with a drop of brown.   A few boards picked out with a brown pencil and white pencil used to denote salt around the hatches.  Do to the issue with the Speedwitch decal this sat in my shelf of doom for a couple years.  I finally used decal remover, resprayed the yellow and finished it today

<23AF16D1-CF31-4BB8-9475-53CF069796B1.jpeg>
<7361123B-D59E-443C-AB10-56603ECF120A.jpeg>
<A4D65F64-F230-46B0-82BB-E9A75A67DB46.jpeg>
<30AA0ABC-344C-404A-BAB9-A99BA7585B52.jpeg>

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Clark Propst

You say you used a "decal remover"? What would that be?
Thanks, another great model,
Clark

Charlie Duckworth

Clark, here’s the bottle.  I’ve used it to remove water slide decals that haven’t had a clear coat applied and on factory lettering.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Bill J.

Where’s the bottle, no pic! Name?

Thanks,

Bill Jolity

Charlie Duckworth

Bill
sorry, it ‘was’ in the posting I had not sure why it disappeared.  Here’s the bottle

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.