Topics

Orange NP Wood Reefers

radiodial868

These factory painted brass W&R Enterprises Northern Pacific Reefers pop up now and then. Was there ever such a orange paint scheme in place of the usual yellowish sides?

Thx,
RJ Dial

Mendocino, CA

WILLIAM PARDIE

Good Morning RJ:

Yes this was a proper paint scheme.  Bill McKown
 (W&R) did such a great job on his models that for a long time my freight car fleet was disproportionately skewed to cars from the Pacific Northwest ( I am an SP modeler) because I could not say no to his models.  There was very little if anything to improve on.

In the case if the NP refers Bill put out a dara sheet detailing his research on the car color.  He described removing the paint on the side of an actual car revealing the different color layers.  I have this sheet (somewhere) an will forward it if I can out my hands on it.

Bill Pardie

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy s