Paint scheme for Westerfield #6702 North Western Refrigerator AC&F Type 3 reefer car, NWX

Chuck Cover

Group,

I now have on order the Westerdield decals for this model but would like some advice on colors for the paint scheme.  I am looking at the original scheme that I believe was gray sides with boxcar red/brown ends and sides.  It also looks like there is a red/brown panel below the door and possibly along the bottom of the sides.  I do not have the Westerfield instructions and cannot find prototype photos.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

I have photos at home in TN, but I’m in Texas until late tomorrow. 

Thanks!
Brian Ehni 
(Sent from my iPhone)

On Oct 24, 2021, at 9:40 AM, Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:

Group,

I now have on order the Westerdield decals for this model but would like some advice on colors for the paint scheme.  I am looking at the original scheme that I believe was gray sides with boxcar red/brown ends and sides.  It also looks like there is a red/brown panel below the door and possibly along the bottom of the sides.  I do not have the Westerfield instructions and cannot find prototype photos.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Chuck Cover

Thanks Brian.

I have photos at home in TN, but I’m in Texas until late tomorrow. 

Thanks!

Brian Ehni 

(Sent from my iPhone)

_._,_._,_

I did find this online… Walthers. Reasonably close.

Thanks!

Brian Ehni

signature_772135777

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...>
Reply-To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 9:40 AM
To: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Paint scheme for Westerfield #6702 North Western Refrigerator AC&F Type 3 reefer car, NWX

Group,

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

Douglas Harding

Here is one I have in the color scheme you mentioned.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chuck Cover
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 9:40 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Paint scheme for Westerfield #6702 North Western Refrigerator AC&F Type 3 reefer car, NWX

Group,

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

O Fenton Wells

Will these help?
Fenton

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 10:40 AM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:
Group,

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Dennis Storzek

Oh, cool. Look at the lower end of the brake staff on NWX 5094.

Dennis Storzek

kevinhlafferty

That is cool, what’s with the dark circles near the roof line on 501?

Kevin Lafferty

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dennis Storzek
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2021 11:41 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Paint scheme for Westerfield #6702 North Western Refrigerator AC&F Type 3 reefer car, NWX

Oh, cool. Look at the lower end of the brake staff on NWX 5094.

Dennis Storzek

Chuck Cover

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request.  I think that I have a good idea on how to proceed with painting and applying decals.

Thanks again,

Chuck Cover

Santa Fe, NM