Topics

partial view of a HERCULES POWDER tank car

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I like this color image showing a partial view of a HERCULES POWDER tank car. Too bad we cannot see the road number...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Tim O'Connor

Probably series 90000 to 99999 - yes, UTLX really did have THOUSANDS of these cars! But of course they
were on hundreds of different leases.

On 11/15/2020 10:14 AM, Claus Schlund \(HGM\) wrote:
Hi List Members,

I like this color image showing a partial view of a HERCULES POWDER tank car. Too bad we cannot see the road number...

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Sterling, Massachusetts

Tom Madden

Here's a Hercules acid tank I photographed on the CNJ at Lake Junction, NJ in November 1961. UTLX 14505. Great lettering scheme.

Tom Madden

Norm Buckhart

On Nov 15, 2020, at 11:28 AM, Tom Madden via groups.io <pullmanboss@...> wrote:

Here's a Hercules acid tank I photographed on the CNJ at Lake Junction, NJ in November 1961. UTLX 14505. Great lettering scheme.

Tom Madden <Tom0912.jpg>

Jerry Michels

Very nice decal set.  I take it not in HO? Jerry Michels

Bruce Smith

This decal set is for a type III/103 8K gallon general purpose tank car. The three prototype shots show two insulated and pressurized cars in the 10-11K range and one "chemical" tank car with a specialized bonnet. That's an interesting variety of cars. Any idea what they used them to haul?

Regards,
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL

Mark Vinski