I believe that is correct but FGEX used both as well. Not as prolific as SP/UP but some
As Bill Welch said FGEX were scavengers, used PRR R-7U/F as well. And others as cars were inherited from joining railroads
Fenton

On Sep 20, 2021, at 7:16 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

-------- Original message --------
From: WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...>
Date: 8/2/20 9:18 PM (GMT-10:00)
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] PFE wood ice reefer underframes

Hopefully not to oversimplify but rather to establish a practical means of accurately modeling the PFE wood refer fleetcan we establish that :

1)  The Tichey underframe is correct for the WP. refers.

2)   Terry Wegmann's underframe is correct for all other PFE rood refers that did not have Bettendorf frsmes.

3)  Therefore is the Red Caboose  underframe corrrct for cars with the Bettendorf  undeframes.

Too simple?

Bill Pardie

WILLIAM PARDIE

I believe that is correct but FGEX used both as well. Not as prolific as SP/UP but some
As Bill Welch said FGEX were scavengers, used PRR R-7U/F as well. And others as cars were inherited from joining railroads
Fenton

On Sep 20, 2021, at 7:16 PM, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Hopefully not to oversimplify but rather to establish a practical means of accurately modeling the PFE wood refer fleetcan we establish that :

1)  The Tichey underframe is correct for the WP. refers.

2)   Terry Wegmann's underframe is correct for all other PFE rood refers that did not have Bettendorf frsmes.

3)  Therefore is the Red Caboose  underframe corrrct for cars with the Bettendorf  undeframes.

Too Simple?M]
_._,_._,_

O Fenton Wells

Not sure if too simple is correct, in my mind it's more bettendorf and built up, the two types of U/F's that were used. Then fixing which model maker makes which UF. Which is which; Red Caboose, Tichy, Sunshine,Wegman.
Not sure about Red Caboose or Wegman without looking at reference material not now in front of me.  Tichy I believe is Bettendorf, the Frank Hodina(Sunshine) was built up I think. I believe the main place to look is at the end of the truck frames as they appear out of the u/f.  Someone who really knows should set us on the right path
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd